I have been testing and using the Haglofs Gram 15 pack since 3 months. London had much more rain compared to last year during this spring. Starting from april the weather got worse and not stopped raining till this week. Sometimes showers, sometimes sprinkles… But rained and rained and still rains :-)
During these rainy days, you need to have a full rain proof or resistant clothes and packs. Haglofs is the one ! This pack is very much resistant to water. Period. We had 30kms of trekking in the Lake district and carried phones, chargers, food and all our stuff and nothing got wet ! This is crucial for a trail and ultra runner or walker in rainy areas. Haglofs does the best water resistant pack i have ever seen. The inner compartment have a small zipped pocket for phones, money, ID and key ring. This pocket can hold almost two smartphones.
The side pockets shown above helped us carry two bottles (Nalgene 1 liter) on each side. Also you can use them to access food or other stuff. These mesh pockets also can be adjusted by elastic cords. Infront of the side pockets belt system has two zipped pockets help you to stabilise the back load balance on your waist and carry phone, gels and emergency stuff. the sides of the pack can be tightened by two straps. This makes pack a bit smaller and eliminates the bouncing.
Single long vertical zip along the back part of the pack helps you to easily access your goods. The only negative bit is if you have a full bag, be carefull while opening for not dropping anything.
The bag`s front shoulder pads have fully customisable system designed and integrated. You can add shoulder pockets or bottle holders to your pack if you are a serious trail runner to increase your hydration and fueling capacity. The pack has a seperate bladder compartment where you can put a 2 Lt bladder easily.
Daily, during running, medium and long distance single stage races or day hiking…If you are into these, you can definately select Haglofs Gram 15. I have seen many runners using Haglofs due to weather in Ultra Trail Mt. Fuji race in the editorial contents from Japan.The third runner was using Haglofs pack series. it has a beatiful blue and black colors for this pack.
This video is produced by Haglofs to show the features of Gram Pack series.
Haglofs Gram 15 Short Info.
Haglofs Gram 15 Specs.
– Foam padded back panel with cut-outs for weight reduction and ventilation.
– Shoulder straps with offset inner seams to prevent chafing on the neck.
– Attachment loops on shoulder straps for added accessories.
– Hipbelt with stomach pad to prevent chafing from center buckle.
– Hipbelt pockets with bellows opening, easily operated with one hand.
– Foam pads in hipbelt that molds around the hips for improved stability.
– Separate hydration system pocket (accessible from back side) with attachment points for different kinds of bladders.
– Side pockets for drinking bottles with unique one-handed opening/closing system. (Shown in below picture)
– Side compression wings that stabilize the load.
– Internal safety pocket with key holder in see-through mesh.
– Stow able bungy cord that can be used in various configurations. (Shown in below picture)
75D Recycled Ripstop Polyester 75 denier Polyester ripstop fabric made of recycled PET bottles. Extremely tear resistant in relation to its weight. PU-coated for improved waterproofness. Water column: >1,000mm Weight: 130 g/m²
75D Recycled Plain Polyester 75 denier Polyester plain weave fabric made of recycled PET bottles. Extremely durable in relation to its weight. PU-coated for improved waterproofness. Water column: >1,000mm Weight: 150 g/m²
Haglofs Gram Bottle Holder and Pouches can be found here to customise your pack.
Where to Buy ?
You can buy Haglofs Gram 15 from Castleberg Outdoors Online Shop