Salomon XR Mission is the second edition of their new door-to-trail concept shoe after Salomon XR Crossmax. This shoe is completely neutral and its lighter than CrossMax (322 grams ve 299 grams).
Now a days more and more people are into trail running. But they do not have time and some of them do not have chance to go to trails right after they get off from work. At that moment most of the people is using either pavements, roads and parks for running. Salomon XR Mission is definitely a very very good training shoe for your trail targets.
If you are planning to do races like Paris Eco Trail, UTMB where they are in %90 trails but also %10 road passages or running close to city roads; you should use a definitive race shoe for this kind of race like S-Lab series. But these shoes are valuable and no need to ruin them during the entire training.
Here comes the Salomon XR Mission as an answer if you training for a big race but want to save your best shoe to the race but train with the most convenient one. Simply you can just put on Salomon XR Mission and start from your apartment or house (say like me in London) and head to Battersea Park, Hyde Park, Regents Park, Richmond Park or Greenwich Park hills.
It has a very well-padded midsole and a very good breathable mesh top. Quicklace system which is a bit smaller for this shoe is also a default as we can see in all types of Salomon trail running shoes.
Please watch the below trailer by Matt Ward showing XR Mission and details.
Salomon XR Mission comes with 5 different bright and eye catching color selection for men and four for women. Normally I was using road shoes when I was going to parks or sometimes my Salomon XT Wings.
But this shoe is definitive training shoe for me. It does not lip on slippery surfaces but you should expect a shoe like a soft ground version. It is a great to go out do some 5 to 15 miles and come back home 🙂
TECHNICAL SPECS OF SALOMON XR MISSION
- Compressed EVA runs the length of the shoe for underfoot cushion.
- LT Muscle is a lightweight EVA cushioning compound that helps absorb impact forces.
- OS Tendon system acts like a real tendon by flexing to provide stretch and balance during the heel-to-toe transition.
- Stretch Air Mesh is a breathable mesh upper that offers a comfortable, individualized fit.
- Sensifit overlays on the upper wrap the foot for a close, secure fit.
- Gusseted Tongue keeps shoe free from debris.
- Protective Rubber Toe Cap keeps toes safe from bruising on trails.
- Asymmetrical Quicklace made from durable Kevlar fibers provides easy shoe entry and exit and a secure fit.
- Lace Pocket tucks laces out of the way while running.
- Sensiflex allows the foot to expand in a controlled manner, increasing foothold.
- OrthoLite Sockliner is composed of anti-bacterial material for reduced odor and moisture while adding cushion directly underfoot.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.
- Contragrip LT is a uniquely designed, lightweight outsole of differing densities, providing light, durable traction over varying terrains.
- Contragrip HA is a uniquely designed, high abrasion outsole of differing densities, providing durable traction over varying terrains.
Salomon XR Mission Web Site: http://www.salomon.com/uk/product/xr-mission.html
Salomon XR Crossmax Web Site: http://www.salomon.com/uk/product/xr-crossmax-neutral.html
Other Salomon Products Reviews