Thanks to Castleberg Outdoors as being their Racing Team member, James handed me a Haglofs Endo Jacket to test during my endurance races and ultra marathons. I tried the jacket during my jogging and training in London during nights in windy and rainy days but to learn how it performs during a 50-60km race you have to take it to a race.
I took my jacket to Dorset Coastal Ultramarathon on 3rd of December for the Ultra Course to test it for 58 hardcore kilometers !
The jacket is green in color but it has another dark color available as well. It has a chest pocket for reaching your important goods, money, credit cards if you are running in the city. If you are in a long distance race, it is good to keep a compass, gels and ID. You can not st0re a map as it is not too big.
The hood has a small visor and adjuctable cords on the back so that you can clearly see your way during heavy windy stuations. Your visor never blocks your vision.
On the other hand there ae two adjustable cords n the neck which i always mix it when i am using the main zipper of the jacket when they are in same position. This could be improved.
Your hands is incredibly confortable in this jacket as you can position your thumb to a seperate position and use the sleeves of this jackets as fingerless gloves which is crucial during long distance running. If you get cold from your hand, it would be dangerous to get hypothermia in colder situations in Alps like in UTMB.
There are elastic adjustment cords which is very easy during running to adjust. i like especially the Jackets confortability. For the breathibility i like the jackets breathability but it can be also improved as well. It is really a good winter and autumm jacket. It is %100 water and windproof and very durable in terms of if you plan to use it for the long courses. Iplan to take the same jacket to upcoming London ultra for 50km race as well…
Haglofs Endo Jacket Summary
– The Haglofs Endo jacket is a revolutionary 3 layer shell waterproof jacket with outstanding breathability and packability
– The Haglofs Endo Jacket is the first Haglofs waterproof jacket made with Active Shell
– GORE-TEX Active Shell fabric allows outstanding breathability
– Highly Packable and very light
– Brilliant for intense and fast and light activies – running, racing, hiking and biking
– 320g (L)
* Revolutionary new Gore Tex® Active Shell delivers new levels of breathable waterproof shell technology.
* Innovative pattern construction reduces weight and bulk.
* DWR treated surface.
* Three way adjustable hood.
* Laminated tricot chin guard and GORE-TEX® weather guard behind watertight main zip.
* Breathable stretch woven non membrane zippered chest pocket.
* Dropped rear hem.
* Single handed waist hem cord adjustment.
* Articulated sleeves with shaped elasticated cuffs and thumb loops.
* Reflective detailing.
SPECS – Haglofs Endo Jacket
– GORE-TEX Active Shell. 100% polymide, double ripstop 30D face with ePTFE membrane and knitted backer. 105g/m2
– Hydrostatic Head: >28,000 mm, RET: <3M
– Revolutionary Endo jacket features new GORE-TEX Active Shell. It delivers new levels of breathable waterproof shell technology
– Innovative pattern construction reduces weight and bulk
– DWR treated surface
– Three way adjustable hood
– Laminated tricot chin guard and GORE-TEX weather guard behind watertight main zip
– Breathable, stretch woven non membrane zippered chest pocket
– Dropped rear hem
– Single handed waist hem chord adjustment
– Articulated sleeves with shaped elasticated cuffs and thumb loops
– reflective detailing